Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Sponser ,I am on OPT

Hi ,
    I am on Opt right now working for a company. My consultancy has filed for H1 in the year of 2008. The status is still showing as Received and Pending. Though I've lost hopes on that , I wanted to apply again for my H1 this year 2009. My consultancy says that they are going to apply through one of their sister consulancies. Please be adviced that this consultacy has a query already in 2008. Would this effect my issuing process. At the same time I am planning to apply from an other consultancy(a friend of mine). What would be the situation if I apply from an other conultancy as well from my existing employer(the one with the query). Please advice. Also will there be any problem with my middle vendor through whom I am working for the perticular client if i let him know that I am on Opt. Please Pleae advice and thanks in Advance.

As of now, what you intend on doing is legal but things could change. Note that you need to have a job with every employer that is willing to sponsor a H1b and they need to pay you. Seriously, are there so many jobs out there that companies are competing to hire you or you must have a totally cool skill that no one else has?

What the third party vendor knows about you is immaterial but may begin to doubt the 10 year experience padded resume that your consulting company has lied about your experience to get you in the door.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X