Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply H4 while h1 is in transfer

Hi All,

I have applied H1B transfer to some other employer and i have received uscis no also. But trasnfer will take min 4 months but in this time i would like to apply H4 to my family.

I hope using new employer i cant able to apply H4 bec still my H1B employer status not changed to new employer. So i planned to apply H4 using my previous employer.

Is it possible ? If possible what are the documentes needed for H4 interview.?

Can you please suggest me what docs needed ?

Thanks

Something does not make sense.

Please let us know, who do you work for? Previous employer or new employer who applied for H1 transfer?

H4 visa application should be based on your current employer along with past employer documents.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Hi,

20 days back i applied h1b transfer from A company to B company and i received USCIS no. As per rules H1B transfer will take 4 months. But now i planned to apply H4 to my family whoes are in india. But using B company i cant apply H4 bec i have not yet received H1B petioner paper from B company. it will take 4 months.

I heared that in this situation using A company H1B petioner and using B company details (company offer letter and service letter and USCIS no) we can apply H4.

Can you pls confirm me whether its possible ?

Thanks
      Vanji

Comment

So do you work for company B?
        Check out H1 FAQs first!
        http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Originally posted by svanji
          Hi,

20 days back i applied h1b transfer from A company to B company and i received USCIS no. As per rules H1B transfer will take 4 months. But now i planned to apply H4 to my family whoes are in india. But using B company i cant apply H4 bec i have not yet received H1B petioner paper from B company. it will take 4 months.

I heared that in this situation using A company H1B petioner and using B company details (company offer letter and service letter and USCIS no) we can apply H4.

Can you pls confirm me whether its possible ?

Thanks
          Vanji
          -- yes.. your family can apply for H4 using company A I797, and company B offer letter, old pay stub, Old W2,.... dontworry.... My suggestion to you is to change your transfer processing from regular to premium, you should get the approval with 10 to 15days, if your employer will pay if they don't then you can pay the $1000 extra for premium processing
          Last edited by OMM; 03-02-2009, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by svanji
            Out of question. VO will need your latest I797 from where you are employed. PP it and get the H4 to US.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X