Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 cancelled if on bench

Hi
    I recently heard about new regulations that would cancel the H1 visa if you are one bench for a certain time.

How far is it true.

Please inform.

I don't think it is true. You for sure lose your status if you are on bench and not getting paid per the LCA/offer. This creates issue in future transfers and GC.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

It is not a new regulation. It has been the rule since the inception of the H1b program.

Benching without pay is illegal!!

Employers are now **** in their pants due to recent ICE arrests and forcing H1b cancellations on their own. In the past, they used to have a string of hope to make some $$ anytime this sleeping (benching) employee gets a project. Looks like these people realized that it is not worth spending time in jail.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
        It is not a new regulation. It has been the rule since the inception of the H1b program.

Benching without pay is illegal!!

Employers are now **** in their pants due to recent ICE arrests and forcing H1b cancellations on their own. In the past, they used to have a string of hope to make some $$ anytime this sleeping (benching) employee gets a project. Looks like these people realized that it is not worth spending time in jail.
        hahaha well said! and truly...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X