H1B extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension

I am applying for my H1B extension in apr 2009 for the start date of oct 1st 2009. I have been with the same client for the last 3 years. Following are my concerns:

My client doesn't give any reference letters as per their HR policy. But we have all contract docs/purchase orders from the client since oct 2006. The client extends the project only every 6 months and this has been happening since 3 years. But if USCIS asks a letter/contract which covers the entire contract period for which the H1B extension is requested, what are my options? Please let me know.

H1B extension is employer's petition not yours. It is their responsibility to show that they have a job for you for 3 years. If they care about their reputation and the stream of revenues they expect from you, they will file correct documents. You don't have to worry about that.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your response. I understand what you are saying but no client will give an assurance for next 3 years for a consultant working on contract. Client can extend only every 6 months. My question is how we can show an assurance that I will have work till the H1B end date.

Comment

If you don't have it, you don't have it. Send whatever you have and the employer should be prepared to answer any RFE if they come. You could also get lucky and get through without anything.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X