Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COS H4-H1--> H4 Plz help

Hi,

I came to USA in Dec 2007 on H4 visa which was expired in Oct 2008. However, in the time I got an H1B visa valid form Oct 2008 to Sept 2011. Due to the market condition I was not able to get a project till now. Today, I received a call from employer asking me to apply for an H4 visa. Basically my employer wants me to go back on H4 visa till the market condition gets better. In the meanwhile he said that I can continue my job search once I get a project they will shift me back on H1 visa.

My Question is: It is safe to go from H1 to H4 and come back on H1 again i.e. once I get a project and that I won't face any problem while doing so and won't have to apply for a fresh H1 again. And what are the limitations on being on H4 i.e. incase of emergency incase if I have to go my home country and reenter USA on a H4 visa even in this case will it be easy for me to come back on H1 easily. Please do let me know.

Thanks in Advance

You need to be getting paid or you are out of status currently and no status changes are permitted. Complain on a WH4 and get paid. That is the law and will make you legal.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X