H1B extention classification question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extention classification question

I am completing the I-129 for a visa extention (my current visa expires Sept 2009)

I am staying with my current employer with no changes what so ever to job description

I already have the approved I-140
    Question is Part 2 - continuation of approved employment and then put my I-140 and previous visa approval receipt

or must I select new employment?

Why are you completing the forms?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Agree with TXH1b ,....why are you filling these docs...normally filed by the employer or the attorney. But as per your query I think it should be continuation of previously approved h1b without change with the same employer.
      Always it is advisable to have attorney fill these documents unless you are sure.

Comment

Does it really matter why I chose to fill it in for my employer to review?

I fill them in because all the attorneys I know get their paralegals to do it and when the original application was filed I checked it and found a maze of incorrect data - I had to redo all the paperwork. So why pay $$$ to an attorney when I would have to do the paperwork myself? FYI I have been through several attorneys.

But thanks for the answer - I did select an extention of current employment.

Comment

It is definitely a DIY type job as it isn't complex but the services of a professional are definitely recommended so that the correct ONET wage, LCA etc are prepared. Be prepared for an RFE if there is no attorney involved. That has been quite a norm with USCIS now. Eventually, you will end up spending more $$ answering RFEs that spend for a well prepared filing by a legal professional.

Let me guess why you had all the mistakes on the forms earlier with so many law firms. May be you chose the cheapest. You get what you pay for!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Actually that attorney cost me $3000 -3 years ago to complete the forms and he has been in business for 15+ years - I think he has to many clients and too many paralegals doing it.

I managed to get my labor cert and i-140 approved on my own - I think I will give this a shot on my own

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X