Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help

Hello ...
    I am new to this website .......need little help.........I am here on H1( I-94 valid till 2011) visa working as a civil engineer for a small company of about 9 employees.........I live with my wife (H4) and kid (6 months old US citizen).......due to economy our company has cut back to 4 day week..........Due to this and some family commitments I have decided to take vacation for about 3 months. I am leaving in may and coming back in August.......All the time without pay...........There is no doubt about the guarantee of the job ........Company is very helpful and will do everything to make sure i have no problem with my visa and when I am coming back.......

Please suggest what do I need to carry in addition to regular documents for my visa interview in India (for second term stamping) and to make sure I dont have any problem at the Port of entry when I am coming back in August....

I Sincerely apologize for my laziness to search and find out if a similar question was already answered....

Thanks in advance for your help....

Shekhar

Hello ...
    I am new to this website .......need little help.........I am here on H1( I-94 valid till 2011) visa working as a civil engineer for a small company of about 9 employees.........I live with my wife (H4) and kid (6 months old US citizen).......due to economy our company has cut back to 4 day week..........Due to this and some family commitments I have decided to take vacation for about 3 months. I am leaving in may and coming back in August.......All the time without pay...........There is no doubt about the guarantee of the job ........Company is very helpful and will do everything to make sure i have no problem with my visa and when I am coming back.......

Please suggest what do I need to carry in addition to regular documents for my visa interview in India (for second term stamping) and to make sure I dont have any problem at the Port of entry when I am coming back in August....

I Sincerely apologize for my laziness to search and find out if a similar question was already answered....

Thanks in advance for your help....

--- I had been to the US consulate in Mumbai this Jan for my H1 visa stamping. When you apply for a non-immigrant visa at www.vfs-usa.co.in, you will get a checklist of documents that you need to submit to the VFS office 5-7 business days prior to your interview.

That includes Original DS-156 with photo attached, Original DS-157, Passport pages copies, Copy of I-797 from current employer, HDFC receipt, Interview confirmation letter and the Checklist.

Apart from that, documents that are required/suggested are Employment Letter, past year's W2, multiple recent paystubs, I-129, LCA and supporting documents, additional photo, Resume, Original I-797 and Passport.

At the POE, please carry your I-797, Passport and have your Employment Letter handy (just in case).

Hope this helps.

Rajesh

Comment

If you are outside the US, there is no requirement for you to get paid.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thank you

Thank you for your replies....have a good weekend....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X