Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary Concern

Hi,

I am working as a consultant with a reputed client on H1b visa and my employer is paying me on hourly basis. My employer is a small consulting company and now they are forcing me to take a fixed salary every month rather than variable salary depending on the billable houurs in a month. They are saying it's a new law imposed by USCIS to pay fixed salary to every employe.

They are offering me a value lesser than what I am earning and saying the differntial will go to the pool and I can get that money at the end of the year.

Is this correct? If, yes then what should I do to make sure that I get my earned money back at the end of the year.

Pl. respond and advice.

Thanks,
    Vineet

Seniors,

Pl. reply to my question

Comment

There is no "new" law. All USDOL cares about is you get paid in par with any American filling in for the same job and you getting paid all the time.

All these greedy percentage based sharing was introduced by these consulting companies.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X