Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b 2010 - Case received and pending

Hello All,
    My employer applied for my H1B in 2010 quota(General category-regular processing)
    Today my employer got a notice from USCIS(I-797C) which says received date:7thApril.
    On checking the case status foll is what s there on the website:
    Current Status: Case received and pending.

On April 21, 2009, we received this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case.

1.Can anyone tell me what it means please?
    Does it mean they have started processing my case?Further how soon will I get to know the result.

My employer applied for my H1B in 2010 quota(General category-regular processing)
    Today my employer got a notice from USCIS(I-797C) which says received date:7thApril.
    On checking the case status foll is what s there on the website:
    Current Status: Case received and pending.

On April 21, 2009, we received this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case.

1.Can anyone tell me what it means please?
    Does it mean they have started processing my case?Further how soon will I get to know the result.

---- Wait till end of June to hear from them since it is regular processing

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks Subramanya for your prompt reply.
      Another question:
      My L2 visa is expiring in June 23rd and no extension.
      I heard that you can stay back if you received your I-797 then you can stay back.
      Can you please advice on it?

-Viidhya

Comment

My L2 visa is expiring in June 23rd and no extension.
        I heard that you can stay back if you received your I-797 then you can stay back.
        Can you please advice on it?

---- You can seek extension on L2 and stay till Oct 1st, when your H1 I-797 will kick in and starts to be active. If you do not do a L2 extension, you can go onto B1 or leave the US and stay outside US till Oct. at which time you have to get H1 visa stamp to enter US

---- The choices are yours. But you cannot stay in the US after your L2 expires in June unless you have some visa status. Your H1 I-797 will not permit you to stay in the US even if it is a COS from L2 to

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X