Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B extension and port of entry

Hi,
    I have valid h1b visa till jan 2010.I am planning to apply for extension in the month of june or july and leave for india in august1st week and come back by the end of the month.I have the following qs.
    1.Is it okey if i apply for extension and leave for india
    2.If my extension is approved and received before i leave for india ,do i have to get stamped before i re enter usa.
    3.Will there be any problems in the port of entry while returning back to usa as my visa will be valid for only 4 months.
    4.Finally if i receieve my h1b renewal copy ,how soon can i go for stamping.can i do it before my old h1b expires.can i do it in the month of august itself.
    Please let me know..thx in advance..

I have valid h1b visa till jan 2010.I am planning to apply for extension in the month of june or july and leave for india in august1st week and come back by the end of the month.I have the following qs.

1.Is it okey if i apply for extension and leave for india

---- NO. It is always better to wait for the approval of the extension and then leave for travel outside of US. Alternately, come back and apply for extension

2.If my extension is approved and received before i leave for india ,do i have to get stamped before i re enter usa.

---- NO. If you have a valid visa stamped on your Passport, there is no need to get a new stamp

3.Will there be any problems in the port of entry while returning back to usa as my visa will be valid for only 4 months.

---- It does not matter as long as you have a valid visa stamped on your Passport

4.Finally if i receieve my h1b renewal copy ,how soon can i go for stamping.can i do it before my old h1b expires.can i do it in the month of august itself.

---- Yes, you can renew your visa before it expires, but not in Aug. The earliest wll be about a month before your visa expires

Subramanya

Comment

Originally posted by Subramanya View Post
      ---- Yes, you can renew your visa before it expires, but not in Aug. The earliest wll be about a month before your visa expires
      Not true. You could get a visa even couple of months before the current visa expires. I got it stamped 4-5 months prior to the expiration.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks a lot..this answers all of my qs...thx once again..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X