Am I eligible for H1 Stamping??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I eligible for H1 Stamping??

I am employed with a consultancy company A. There are two more consultancy companies B & C in between the client for which I am doing the project. My project is long term and I have spent 2 months working there.

My H1 visa is not stamped yet (2008 quota, COS from L1 to H1). I need to go to India due to family emergency. What do you guys think - Am I eligible for H1 stamping?

I have a month and can collect all required docs. please advice. Thanks in advance.

If there is an emergency, what is stopping you?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Please read my post for my question. I am asking if I am eligible for H1 stamping based on the kind of employments setup I have ?

Comment

Originally posted by kb1978 View Post
        Please read my post for my question. I am asking if I am eligible for H1 stamping based on the kind of employments setup I have ?
        I did. If you have concerns about the kind of set-up you have for your employment on a H1b, then you shouldn't be engaging in the set-up in the first place, right?

If you have a reputed employer and can provide proof of employment, client letters etc, it shouldn't be a problem. If you are involved with some shady employer, you have to be worried.

Many reputed companies like IBM also involve sub-contractors. If the entire trail of contacts and documents can be produced, you will be fine.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the response!

Well Buddy! No one would like to be in messy employment situation out of choice.. its the current economic adventure that landed me into this..

Thing that concern me most is that my employer is small (arnd 50 employees) and its been just 3 months me working with them. Can you/anyone suggest what all docs I need from my employer A and companies B & C in between. I understand that one set of docs would be to prove that my project is valid and second set would to prove that my employer is legal and eligible to do business in states. Please advice? I read several places that sometimes consulate asks for W2 of all employees & sometimes signatures, its confusing.

Till now my understanding was that working with direct client was only legal way to work in US & I have been doing the same with my previous employer (big company).
          Last edited by kb1978; 05-01-2009, 11:48 AM. Reason: asking docs detailes

Comment

Document details are the same as mentioned on immihelp. To add to that, it would be beneficial for you if you carried all chain of contracts and letters/work orders from the client to vendor A, vendor B and Employer C.

Carry proof of you being in status and getting paid all the time. Rest can only be guessed. You have to take the income/profit-loss statement filed by your small company for 2008 to be safe.

If the emergency is not a real emergency, postpone your travel as your confidence level matters the most in a visa interview.

Good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X