Need urgent help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need urgent help!

Hi all, i'ld appreciate any kind of help here. I have valid H1B and also I-94 (until 2010), however I got a new I-979-A because I changed my job title (same employer). I am going to India in 3 days and kind of freaking out. Do i have to stand in the line for a visa transfer stamp or I can come back with the valid H1B and just show them new I-797 at the port of entry? Please help! Thanks.

No new visa needed. Just show new I797 along with a valid visa.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I appreciate the reply. One thing i forgot to mention. The dates on my new I-979 A says that its valid from sep 16th - 09. Does that affect the time i need to get back in US? as I am planning to come back 3 months before that time starts. I can come back anytime regardless of the dates listed in the I-797. Thank you very much.

Comment

You need to carry both current I797 and future 797 and present at POE to get I-94 till future 797s validity.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X