Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Appointment Slot!

Hello Folks!

I need to go for my H1-Visa Extension Stamping to the Mumbai Consulate. I know for sure that i would be going around mid-July, but i do not have any confirmed date.

All i would like to know if i do not get the preferred date for interview in July once my trip gets confirmed, can i opt for the emergency appointment slot. I think H1-Extension does quality for that, but is there a exception to it?

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/e...nts-india.html
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thank You! It provides more information than the VFS Site.

I know the information is there, but it does raise a question:

However, in my case my visa has not expired and it says ""H/L visa stamping for an applicant already wrking in the US whose visa has expired and who wants to renew the visa and who is returning to his/her job". I m just not sure.

So would i qualify? My Visa expires in September 2009.

Thanks again..

Comment

If your visa has not expired or is not going to expire by the time you return to the US, why bother with visa stamping?
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

The reason is i have another trip scheduled for the month of November, which would be post my visa expiration date and since i am going in July i would like to get my visa stamped.

November, i would be too busy as i am a part of an important occasion and i want to avoid getting my visa stamped at that time.

Thanks!

Comment

You will qualify for an emergency appointment in November. Try booking normal slot for now. Slots are opened for the next month only.
            This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Hi,
              As correctly mentioned you do not qualify for Emergency slot this time.
              It is for those who cannot enter US(No Visa or Visa expired) and needs a Visa urgently(as per the rules mentioned in the Vfs website) . In ur case - u can enter US as ur Visa is not expired.

Thanks,
              Abhay

Comment

Thanks everyone! I will try to get the date for next month.

Comment

Thanks everyone... The information provided is very helpful.

Is there a place where I can get guidelines for filling up the visa appointment questions in vfs online appointment scheduler. I had couple of Qs

1) For a person working in US and going to India for H1 re-validation is "An Indian citizen resident in US" the correct choice as opposed to "A resident of India"
                  2) Is emergency appointment not available if the visa has expired more than 1 year back.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X