H1 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 question

I lost my job earlier this month. And a consulting company-A filed for my H1 within 2 weeks which is under processing. Now I got a full time position in another company-B. And they want to file for a H1 for me.
    1) Do I have to tell company B that company A has filed for my H1?
    2) Can two companies file for H1 at the same time?
    3) If company-B files for my H1 I will not have one most recent pay stub...will that be a problem?

Please advise.....

1. No
    2. Possible but USCIS has asked your intent to work in an RFE for a poster that I ran into on the forum.
    3. That could be a potential issue. I would suggest that you ask the employer C to PP your case to avoid status gap issues that you may have to deal with in case of a rejection as technically, you are not eligible to use AC21 and begin employment for that employer upon filing of the H1b transfer as you have not been in status.

Also read about "bridging" on the forum.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanx "txh1b" for your prompt reply. I searched for "bridging" in the forum and tried to read the pots, but I could not find an explanation about what bridging is. Can you please explain or can you point me to the thread where it was already explained?

Thank you!

Comment

Bridging is the simple concept of linking two status with another intermediate one.

Status A ---- (Status B for a short time/pending) ---- Status C.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X