Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping - Tijuana

Hi,

My wife has an appointment in Tijuana at the end of July for her H1B stamping. I am planning to accompany her but unfortunately dont have any blank pages left on my passport (for a mexican visa). I went through a lot of posts in this forum that suggests that we might be able to walk across the border without having a mexican visa.

I just wanted to confirm that this is still the case - can someone with recent experience of this please confirm?

Also, our appointment is at 8 but the bank opens only at 9 - is it okay if we get to the consulate after 9 after having made the visa payment draft?

Thanks very much for your help

Not a recent experience but words from the Mexican consulate itself. They said if you are not going to go past 20 miles, dont even bother.

To get a mexican visa (which is the right thing to do), you have to apply and give it 4 weeks to process. That kind of did not work for me as my appointment was close.

As far as bank goes, it is a non issue. It was for us as the appointment was at 8.30 and went in at 9.15 with the draft.

Not sure if things have changed since then. Wait for current responses as my experience is old.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the helpful and prompt response!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X