X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Extension Denied - Further action?

Hi,

I need help from the group ASAP.

My employer applied for my H1B Extension (I140 approved with the same employer) on Feb 5th 2009 and my old H1B expired on April 4th 2009. There was an RFE in May and it was replied on May 18th. I got an email from USCIS that the application was denied and a denial notice has been sent on August 10th. I am still waiting for the notice, so i don't know the reason's yet. I wanted to find out what my options are.

My employer told that after verifying the reasons he will appeal the decision. Can i continue to work while the appeal is in progress ?

I also read the forums about similar situations and see that lot of people applied for a new H1B through a new employer. i am also looking for a new employer to file for a new H1 (after filing the appeal). Should we wait for a certain period before we apply for a H1 through a new employer ? Is it advisable to apply by premium processing in this time since i am hearing lot of cases where USCIS is creating more problems if applied Premium?

Can i start working again once the receipt for the new application is received ?

Can i transfer my approved I140 to the new employer ?

If approved, Should i go back to India, get the visa and come with new I94 to work again in US or continue working without going to India ?

Any information on my current situation will be really helpful

Thanks in advance for the replies.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X