Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension Status Pending

Hi Immigration Gurus,

My employer had submitted my H1B Extension petition to USCIS at Vermont Service Center on May 9th and USCIS responded with a Receipt Number (EAC Number) on May 11th. From that day (05-11-2009) till today (08-25-2009), the status of my application has not yet changed. My friends who had applied after me have either got Request For Evidence (RFE) or have approval notices. It is nearly 4 months since submission and the status of my application does not have an update. Can anybody let me know the reason for the same status for such a long time? Please find below the message displayed once I key in my Receipt Number (EAC Number).

Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER
    Current Status: Case received and pending.

On May 11, 2009, we received this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Thanks and Regards
    Paddy Sundaram
    ([email protected])

They can take their own sweet time. If you are in a rush, upgrade the case to a PP. At this time, there is no value to do that as you have already waited for couple of months and might be close to someone taking a look at the case.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X