Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B......Very Strange Situation

Hi,

I started my master's 3 years back (MS). I did not get my master's degree yet and luckily, i got my OPT started by my advisor last year. I started working now since 6 months in a pretty big established company. My H-1B got approved recently as my employer applied it through Bachelor's degree. Now company forgot about my master's degree. But during H1-B stamping what should i answer if questioned about this? I also got a 5 months gap in my OPT period. Will there be any serious issue during VISA interview.

Master's Not Completed but H-1B approved.

Will Really Appreciate Your Reply,
    Thanks

I don't get what the reason for panic is here. H1b requires a min of Bachelors degree and you have additional qualification. No big deal. There is absolutely no reason to worry.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanq for the reply.

But i have the 5 months of unemployment and no Master's degree till now, and i don't think i'll get it. That worries me. If VISA officer asks me to show my Master's degree and transcripts, i have no good answer with me.

Please reply back.

Comment

Also if the VISA officer asks me what i have done 2.5 years in US. I have no strong evidence to defend.

Comment

I completely misunderstood your post. I was thinking that you had got the H1b processed before completing your MS based on your Bachelors. I did not get the point that your MS was and will never be completed.

In the current situation, was your OPT pre-completion OPT or post-completion OPT?

If you did not have any illegal presence, you have to tell the VO why you quit your MS program which you only have the answer and none of the forum members.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

It was post complettion OPT when i spoke to my DSO in school. And was working for full 40 hours a week. Is that a problem??

And yes i understood that, i should be frank with VO about the MS.

Thankyou.

Comment

I think you need to talk to a lawyer or at the very least, your school's ISO. The work on post completion OPT may be illegal as you never graduated and that would likely void the post completion OPT.

Let the forum know what you find out.

Comment

That makes me more worried. I thought USCIS issued H-1B assuming that i have a valid post completion (even i don't have one).

Thanq so much for the info. I would appreciate any more comments on this.

I'll talk to my ISO once more.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X