Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b - 6 year clock start date

Hi,

I came in US in Jan 2005 on H1B and in Jun 2006 left US but my H1B was valid for another 2 years. After spending more than year outside US I came back on the same H1b in Sept 2007.

Now My query is - does my H1b - 6 year clock starts from Jan 2005 or does it start from Sept 2007. Or does it depends if upon coming to US if my employer filled "Cap Sized" pettion.

Please help.

Thanks,

It's the time you spend on this H1b in the U.S.

January 2005 - June 2006 => 1.5 Years
    September 2007 - Till Date => 2.0 Years

Total: 3.5 years. You have 2.5 more years in your H1B.
    Last edited by shervin143; 10-02-2009, 01:54 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

But why didn't you include my time from Jan 2005 to Jun 2006 - That was also on the same H1b. only thing was there was gap of more than a year between subsequent visit to Us. but my H1B remain same (No new H1b).

Query - Does going out for more than a year - automatically reset the 6year clock to start of not.

Comment

But why didn't you include my time from Jan 2005 to Jun 2006 - That was also on the same H1b. only thing was there was gap of more than a year between subsequent visit to Us. but my H1B remain same (No new H1b).

>>>> Did you read my post clearly? Jan 2005 to Jun 2006 is included and counted as 1.5 years.

Query - Does going out for more than a year - automatically reset the 6year clock to start of not.

>>>> Not if you use the same H1B to enter U.S.

Originally posted by karan1270 View Post

Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X