Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg H1B Transfer

Hi Guys

I need some information about the H1B Transfer. Am currently working in L1B (Employer A)Visa and i got my H1B approved last year but i did leapfrog to avoid the change of Status. Now the issue is , my client (Employer B) is willing to take me into their concern. I have H1B with Employer C and i never worked for them. I just have the approved H1B receipt number. Now i want to know the following details.

1. What is the process of changing my H1B from Employer c to Employer B
    2. Is it possible that Employer C terminated my H1b as i never joined in their company
    3. Will Employer A make any problems in this as am currenly working with this client thru them only.
    4. Please shed some light as how can i approach this?

Thanks for your help!!

Cheers

1. What is the process of changing my H1B from Employer c to Employer B

>>>> Your client (Employer B) can file a new petition with COS from L1 to H1B. You can use the approval notice (I-797) from employer C to prove that you are already CAP counted.

2. Is it possible that Employer C terminated my H1b as i never joined in their company

>>>> Possible.

3. Will Employer A make any problems in this as am currenly working with this client thru them only.

>>>> It depends on the agreement that you have with your current employer A.

4. Please shed some light as how can i approach this?

>>>> If the relationship between your client and your employer is good, then let them talk to your employer regarding hiring you into their payrol. Most employers would agree to this, since they don't want to spoil the relationship/future business with the client.
    Last edited by shervin143; 10-12-2009, 06:26 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks. just want to know two things

1. Is there any way i can know whether my H1B is terminated or not using the EAC receipt number?

2. do i need to get the I-797 approval notice from my employer c or we can use the receipt number?

Problem is i dont know how the employer c co-operates to me..

Cheers

Comment

1. Is there any way i can know whether my H1B is terminated or not using the EAC receipt number?

>>>>> You can check the current status in the USCIS web site. However, the status shown in that web site may not be accurate. Btw, why do you care whether it is terminated or not?

2. do i need to get the I-797 approval notice from my employer c or we can use the receipt number? Problem is i dont know how the employer c co-operates to me..

>>>>> You don't need the original approval notice. If you have got the receipt number from your previous employer and if you are 100% sure that the receipt number belongs to you, then that can be used to prove that you are already cap counted.
        Last edited by shervin143; 10-12-2009, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Great..thanks

i am concerned about the terminations because i dont know whether i can use the approval notice even if the employer c termed the h1b. pls clarify

Thanks

Comment

You can still use it.

Originally posted by smilejegan View Post
            Great..thanks

i am concerned about the terminations because i dont know whether i can use the approval notice even if the employer c termed the h1b. pls clarify

Thanks

Comment

H1 to H4 conversion

Dear Sir,

I had H1 B visa when I came to US. I was working till september 2009. Now I want to change my status from H1 B to H4. Is form I-539 is the correct form to file? Do I also need to file form I-129? if yes then what are the supporting documents I have to supply with these forms. If no then also what are the supporting documents?
              Please help!!!

Comment

Here is the list of documents that I am aware off. Look into the "visas" section of immihelp for more details.

- Completed I-539
                - Copy of your current approval notice I-797.
                - Copy of your passport including photo, expiration date and biographical info, and all prior U.S. visa stamps .
                - Current I-94 copy
                - Copy of your marriage certificate
                - Latest paystubs to prove that you were not out of status

Related documents of your spouse:

- Copy of the approval notice of your spouse.
                - Copy of the valid H1B visa of your spouse
                - Recent paystubs & Employment verification letter to prove that your spouse is not out of status.

Originally posted by sarikamj View Post
                Dear Sir,

I had H1 B visa when I came to US. I was working till september 2009. Now I want to change my status from H1 B to H4. Is form I-539 is the correct form to file? Do I also need to file form I-129? if yes then what are the supporting documents I have to supply with these forms. If no then also what are the supporting documents?
                Please help!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X