Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B visa extension in mexico with prior arrest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa extension in mexico with prior arrest?

My re-entry visa is expiring in November and i was thinking about going to Mexico to extent it as my petition is valid until mid 2011

however, i was arrested in 1999 and charged for minor misdemeanor... I stayed in school until 2006 under a f1 visa, then worked for a year with my OPT before getting my H1B petition in 2007... i went back to my home country in 2008 and my visa was rejected under section 212(a)(2)(A)(i)(1)... i applied for a waiver and got it later on the year.. got back in the US Nov 2008.... i went back home again this July and had no issues at the immigration when i re-entered the US...

so, i was wondering if it's risky to go down to mexico to extent my visa given my situation... I searched and found a couple cases where the applicant's visa was cancelled because of an arrest... pls help.. thank you.

Depends on what the outcome of it was and what the arrest was for.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      Depends on what the outcome of it was and what the arrest was for.

outcome of the court ruling? i took the plea bargain and did about 30 hours of community service.. no jail time, although the maximum punishment was one year in jail... i was caught spanking my dog..

Comment

bump

Comment

uuhh.. help?

Comment

WHat is the exact charge and what is the conviction code and State?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

WHat is the exact charge and what is the conviction code and State?
              i was charged with cruelty to animals which is a minor misdemeanor

this happened in indiana

Comment

nobody?

Comment

You still have not provided the exact legal charge code from the state which is what one can read by using google. I do not think this is CIMT from the way you word it but I could be wrong. If the punishment for the code (not what you received) is not more than 1 year, you should be fine.

Comment

You still have not provided the exact legal charge code from the state which is what one can read by using google. I do not think this is CIMT from the way you word it but I could be wrong. If the punishment for the code (not what you received) is not more than 1 year, you should be fine.
                    what is this code u are referring to? maybe provide me with an example?

as for the CIMT thing, I think the misdemeanor was classified as CIMT

Comment

Something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by kaloi_hu View Post
                        as for the CIMT thing, I think the misdemeanor was classified as CIMT
                        If it is categorized as a CIMT, consult a lawyer.

Comment

thanks for the link

i'll look it up when i go home tonite and i'll report back

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X