X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Stamping denied, please help

Hi all,
    I am posting for my girlfriend.
    She on October 27 went for an interview at the US Consulate in Japan for visa stamping and was denied. The reason given was her job function is "suspicious" , as another of her coworker went for visa stamping at the same consulate 2 weeks earlier and was approved, and the Consulate doubts that the job was not legitimate.
    US Consulate returned her passport but kept the approval notice and every other documents.
    Is there any way she can make an appeal? What can she do at the moment?

Please help!

Originally posted by chiyin View Post
    Hi all,
    I am posting for my girlfriend.
    She on October 27 went for an interview at the US Consulate in Japan for visa stamping and was denied. The reason given was her job function is "suspicious" , as another of her coworker went for visa stamping at the same consulate 2 weeks earlier and was approved, and the Consulate doubts that the job was not legitimate.
    US Consulate returned her passport but kept the approval notice and every other documents.
    Is there any way she can make an appeal? What can she do at the moment?

Please help!
    Unfortunately I think they will send her petition back to USCIS for further review. Has she been given a letter by consulate that mentions her visa was refused under section 221(g)? If yes, what is the content of the letter?

Comment

Hi msd,
      Thanks to your quick reply.

She was not given anything that mention 221(g).
      She was just given a Visa Waiver Travelers (ESTA) application form so that she could return to the US as a tourist or some sort.

The US Consulate only verbally reject her visa without giving any official documents. Is it normal?

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by chiyin View Post
        Hi msd,
        Thanks to your quick reply.

She was not given anything that mention 221(g).
        She was just given a Visa Waiver Travelers (ESTA) application form so that she could return to the US as a tourist or some sort.

The US Consulate only verbally reject her visa without giving any official documents. Is it normal?

Thanks again.
        Well I am not an expert but according to my personal experience and what I read about other experiences, the US consulate usually issues a letter/slip. Was this a H1B visa interview?

Comment

Msd:

Try contacting a case worker at your local Senator's office.

Comment

Originally posted by msd View Post
            Well I am not an expert but according to my personal experience and what I read about other experiences, the US consulate usually issues a letter/slip. Was this a H1B visa interview?
            Hi msd,

Thanks again.
            Yes that was an H1B visa stamping interview, and she received a visa application pending notice at the end of the interview. The notice states that the visa application requires "Administrative Processing", and she was not required to submit any additional documents.

Is there a way we can appeal or speed up the pending case?
            Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X