Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent! Please Help--Can I go for stamping in Canada

Hi All,
    I completed my Masters in US on F1 and currently working full time on H1 from October 2008. I want to know If i can go to Canada for first time stamping. Pls advice. Dates are open for Montreal, Calgary loc and I would like to book the date. Your help is highly appreciated. Kindly advice asap

Yes, you can, since you have completed your masters in U.S.
    https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/v...gcanadamexico/
    Last edited by shervin143; 11-10-2009, 03:12 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you

Shervin
      Thanks for your quick response. I booked the date for next week in Montreal. Thank u very much!

Comment

Doubt about PIMS

Hi,
        I have a doubt. As i have mentioned in the earlier posts, I have booked the interview for next week. I have a question regarding PIMS verification. Is it mandatory that we email I797 to Montreal consulate for PIMS Verification before the interview. Please advice. Thanks in Advance

Comment

Not mandatory, but advisable. If your information is not in their system, then you can postpone your visa interview to a later date. Otherwise you might end up staying there for a little longer than anticipated.

Originally posted by prad_21 View Post
          Hi,
          I have a doubt. As i have mentioned in the earlier posts, I have booked the interview for next week. I have a question regarding PIMS verification. Is it mandatory that we email I797 to Montreal consulate for PIMS Verification before the interview. Please advice. Thanks in Advance

Comment

Doubt Regarding DS160

Hello Shervin
            Hope you are doing well today. I have a doubt in DS 160 form. I filled the form and submitted online. Actually my flight ticket to montreal was booked using my friend's credit card.

For the Question: Who is paying for the trip. I gave my friend's name as the answe( jus to be honest with the fact). Will that be a problem? Please advice. I look forward for your response. Thanks in advance

Comment

That shouldn't be a problem.

Originally posted by prad_21 View Post
              For the Question: Who is paying for the trip. I gave my friend's name as the answe( jus to be honest with the fact). Will that be a problem?
              Last edited by shervin143; 11-12-2009, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Successful first time H1 stamping in Montreal

Hello friends,
                I got my H1 Stamped in Montreal, Canada. The interview went on pretty smooth. The following were the Q asked.

My interview was at 8 AM. I went 30 min before. There was one person in the front checking the passport, I797, DS forms etc. He took DS160 confirmation page with him.

Then the interview started with another VO.

1. How long have you been working for this company
                2. On wat visa you came to US
                Ans: F1. I completed Masters here.
                3. Can I see your Offer letter?
                Ans: I gave my offer letter dated in 2008 (when I joined the company). He wanted to see something latest to be sure that I'm still employed with the.

Then I had the document prepared -- notarised petitoner's employee details with their position, joining date, salary etc.

That document had my name as well. I gave tat document in place of latest offer letter. He was convinced.

He took my passport and said I can collect my passport on monday.

Though the process was very scary, it ended with a pleasant note. All that is required is proper documentation and able to provide them when asked.

I would like to thank all the forum members for sharing their experiences and tips which helped in a big way. I personally thank sherwin and txh1b as well.

Thanks once again

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X