Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) pink form from Hyd Consulate

Hello,
    I went to the US Consulate in Hyd today (Nov 16, 2009) for H1B VISA renewal and the VO asked me 3 questions. She first checked if I was applying through the same company as I did before, I said yes. She clarified if I did my Masters in Computer Science, I said yes. She asked for my salary and pay-stub. As soon as she saw that, she pulled out the pink slip and practically checked every item in there (except the last one) and gave it to me. I asked if something was wrong with my application and she said no. Almost all the questions listed in there, I already had the documentation ready and handy with me but she didn't ask for anything. I am actually surprised that she did all this without asking me anything. Is this normal? I have been living in the US for close to 9 years now. I bought a home and all. I am very worried since they took my passport. Can I enter US back with my AP and EAD card? I am planning to send the response to their questions tomorrow. I am just running them by my attorney. I am hoping they will respond back in 2-3 weeks (is that a fair expectation?).

Sorry for multiple questions. I am very worried. Any comments or help are appreciated.

Thanks!

221(g) pink form - PIMS not found

Also, just to clarify - there was a note written on my application before I went to the VO - it said - "PIMS not found" and when I asked what it meant, VFS folks said it is something for their administrative purpose. Not sure if that triggered any of the 221(g) related content.

Thanks for your help...
    Raghu

Comment

I have the same issue. I also went today and got the pink slip with all ticks.

Should i send my offer letter for the letter of invitation. I have got my job in 2008. Is it sufficient?

Comment

Re: 221(g) pink form - EAD and A/P

1 more question to the forum - Please let me know if this is feasible. I will just give them this information and wait for 2 weeks and if I don't hear from them, can I ask them for my passport back? How long does it take for them to give my passport back once I ask for it (will it be here at Hyderabad and they can give back whenever I ask, will they put any rejection stamp?)? I have my EAD and also my A/P papers. With all this drama, I am thinking of going back on my EAD and A/P and not get my VISA stamp at all. Is that okay? Can someone help me?

@svallam - not sure my friend, probably the wiser folks on the forum can help? Did you go to the counter #13 with that little older lady with all those stone necklaces?

Comment

@raghu

Nope. Mine was with young white guy who is in his early thirties.

Comment

221(g) - AP/EAD

Just giving this a bump-up. Can one of the experts help?

Comment

i have the same issue... pink slip

what did you guys send for letter of invitation, goals & objectives and plans?

Is offer letter suficient for letter of invitation?

Comment

221g refusal - Travelling on AP

raghu, you can travel on AP even when 221(g) was issued. You can e-mail [email protected] and ask them to send your passport.

I work for a large US company and working in the same job for 3.5 years. I was issued 221(g) and VO kept my passport with her.Later I e-mailed them to return my passport and travelled on AP.

They might delay sending passport back, you call them daily (40) 4033-8300 between 2 and 4 PM and ask to send passport immediately. If you call daily, you should get your passport in 2 to 3 days.

Even you travel on AP, you will be still on eligible for H1B transfer or H1B extensions. When you apply transfer or extension, you will get new I-94, which converts you to H1B status.

Comment

Thanks Sesh.

Did your passport have any stamp on it (rejection or otherwise?) indicating that you stopped the process mid-way? How long did you wait before you asked for the passport? I am planning to give them 3 calendar weeks before I did that. Thanks for your response. Good to know someone did that and was successful.

Raghu

Comment

Raghu,
                    You don't need to wait to get your passport. You can ask for it any time.
                    They will return your passport without any Visa. They won't put any approval or denial stamp in it.

After getting passport, If you want to retrun in a year and get it stamped, you can send answers for your questionare. In my case, I sent answers for the questionare afterwards. It took almost 3 weeks for them to update PDF stating my case is in-process. I am sure they will atleast take another 3 to4 weeks to process my case.

Even If you don't send answers, there's no problem.

Almost everybody is getting 221(g) in Hyderabad consulate. Even my wife got same 221(g). She also work for big retailer in US. Even couple of her friends working with Oracle got 221(g).

Also when you are travelling on AP, you need to take transit Visa if you are coming through some countries like London. My wife has return flight through London and she don't have time for getting transit visa. We end up paying another $800 for booking new ticket.

Travel by emirates or quatar airlines in order to avoid transit visa. Also The process for stamping I-94 is little different for AP. You may be taken to special area in some airports to issue I-94.

If you have have return travel, It's better to ask for your passport early.

Comment

221G Pinkform

Hello,
                      I have attended visa interview H1B for stamping for the first time at Hyd counsulate on 18th of this month. They gave me 221g pink form. I am staying in US from 4 years and I have a job in my hand from past 2 years. I did my MS. VO asked me many questions, I have answered them still he gave me 221g pink for. vO took Dsforms,I797 and passport with him. I have sent the answers in the body of the email, looks like they went in thml format and I have also attached the notepad that consists oof all the answers in it.. Is it fine? or do I need to send an email again?I have sent the answers on 24th. Can anyone let me know how long its going to take, since I took only 2 weeks vacation from client, and I am not sure here how long its going to take to get my passport back?

Comment

Could you please scan that form and either send it to us by email at info [at] immihelp.com or just post here after removing the private information? That would help us others a lot.
                        Immihelp Support
                        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

221 g blue slip in Hyderabad Consulate

Hi All,
                          I received 221g pink receipt on november 12th in hyderabad consulate. My caseID did not get updated in the latest pdf. i am not sure how many weeks it will take for the entire process. I think this is happening very frequently in Hyderabad Consulate.....

Comment

Could everyone of you please scan those different color slips and send them to us?
                            Immihelp Support
                            No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Pink and blue slip at US consulate hyderabad

Originally posted by nareshravuru View Post
                              Hi All,
                              I received 221g pink receipt on november 12th in hyderabad consulate. My caseID did not get updated in the latest pdf. i am not sure how many weeks it will take for the entire process. I think this is happening very frequently in Hyderabad Consulate.....
                              Hi I have a similar situation, yesterday I appeared for the visa interview, I have been working at the university since last 5 years and recently promoted to faculty position. I provided all the information to the VO except my recent paystub, since it was missing in my file. VO gave me pink form stating additional administrative processing and check the status online. Similarly she gave my wife blue form with additonal processing. I have to return to US on Feb 1st, I dont know how long its going to take. I called my employer (university human resources) who did my visa processing, they told me to provide the case number so that they can contact the USCIS.

Did you recieve the visa stamping and how long did it take.

Please let me know if you have any sugessions.

Thanks,
                              Khan

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X