Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1

Hi,

My current staus is L1 (company A). I have H1-B approval petition (I797- B) from company B.

Recetly I got offer from company C and is ready to H1 B transfer. But they want to fill this position asap and dont want to wait for longer than a week.

Can I resign from company A (L1 staus) and start working once company C file for the transfer petition with COS L1 to H1-B?

Please help.
    Thanks in advance.

Your COS to H1B need to be approved to work for Company C. Apply for the L1 to H1B COS in premium process which should take only 15 days.
    Last edited by shervin143; 12-03-2009, 03:52 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I have a question on this.
      Can we keep working on L1 when we have valud H1 petetion?
      I heard that you should not be working on L1 when you have valid H1 petetion.

Thanks.

Comment

There is a big difference between having a valid H1B petition and being in that status. If your current status is L1, then you can keep working on L1 even if you have a valid H1B petition. If your current status is H1B, then you cannot work on L1 until you get the status changed back to L1.

For example: Assume you are working on L1. Your status at that point is L1. Now you decide to apply for the H1B with a new employer with COS. If the H1B is approved with COS, then your status changes from L1 to H1B and you can no longer work for the L1 employer. If the H1B is approved without COS (No new I-94), then you can continue to work on L1.

Originally posted by snowknow19 View Post
        I have a question on this.
        Can we keep working on L1 when we have valud H1 petetion?
        I heard that you should not be working on L1 when you have valid H1 petetion.

Thanks.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X