I-94 Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 Extension

Today i went CBP inspection office in Newark Airport to extend my I-94, they said they dont give extensions. Either i have to apply thru USCS or need to go out of the country and need to enter again to get new I-94.

I am living in New Jersey state. Could some one please suggest me which is the nearest country and place to go to get my I-94 extension. What is the steps i need to follow. Please reply to this message as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Asha

You can go to Mexico or Canada. However, make sure that you handover your I-94 to the airport officials when you leave the country (So that you can get a new one on your return). Otherwise the entire purpose of your trip will be of no use. For short visits to Canada/Mexico they won't take the I-94 sometimes. Advisable to book a open ticket to return instead of booking a return ticket that shows that you will be returning in a day or two, in which case they would ask you to keep the I-94 with you and use the same upon your return.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by mpedaballe View Post
      Today i went CBP inspection office in Newark Airport to extend my I-94, they said they dont give extensions. Either i have to apply thru USCS or need to go out of the country and need to enter again to get new I-94.

I am living in New Jersey state. Could some one please suggest me which is the nearest country and place to go to get my I-94 extension. What is the steps i need to follow. Please reply to this message as soon as possible.

Thanks
      Asha
      What visa and what extension? Did you renew your passport or did you fail to provide an newly approved I797 at POE?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X