DS160 - H1 Stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS160 - H1 Stamping

Admin: Thanks for the input. I’m still concerned about this question which could have multiple answers.

If I don’t list my sister who is a naturalized US Citizen, I’m afraid if that’d make the consular think otherwise while checking my records (although she resides in India at this time)? It could be simply because US citizens stay in US unless a special note is added that'd indicate their current residency in a different country. In other words, how will they know that a US citizen is living in a different country unless specified by the applicant?
    On the other hand, if I still mention her while responding to the question, it is also incomplete because they are living elsewhere (not in US) per the questions.

This seems to be a tricky situation. Does anyone have this kind of issue while filling the DS160?

Thanks.
    Last edited by scient; 01-21-2010, 01:17 PM.

Thanks but..

Admin: Thanks for the input. I’m still concerned about this question which has multiple answers.

If I don’t list my sister who is a naturalized US Citizen, I’m afraid if that’d make the consular think otherwise while checking my records (although she resides in India at this time)? It could be simply because US citizens stay in US unless a special note is added mention about their current residency in a different country.
    On the other hand, if I still mention her, it is also incomplete because they are living elsewhere (not in US) per the questions.

This seems to be a tricky situation. Does anyone have this kind of issue while filling the DS160?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi scient

This question is to know whether anyone in your family/relatives are holding some status (Citizenship /Legal permanent residence) in US?
      This question doesn't mean that any one in US physically at the time of your interview.

For eg) I have a family member in US (Citizen /Green Card) , who is in India right now say for 6 months or may be an year - then still the Answer for this question is YES for me.

So , if your sister is a US Citizen, then you should answer YES.

Thanks and Regards,
      Abhay
      Last edited by abhayg4; 01-21-2010, 03:09 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X