Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment Agreement

Hi,
    I came on H1 visa with my current employer / consultant 2 months back.
    I signed the agreement / bond / contract which says I shouldn't leave the company for 2 years and if I leave before 2 years then I've to pay $25,000.
    I was kept in bench for the 15 days and I was not paid for that during that period.Finally they managed to get a project for me which would go for only 3 months.And my current client has informed me personally that the project is not going to be extended.
    Since my current employer/consultant doesn't have any project, I'm thinking of looking out for someother job.

But the scariest part is $ 25,000 agreement.Is this agreement leagal in US.My current employer is from NewJersey.
    What kind of reaction / action my current employer would take if I tell them I'm leaving.
    Is there any other clause I can look for in my agreement document so that I can say that I'm pretty safe (eg:Employee agrees to travel outside a ninety(90) mile radius from YYYY company's NJ office, for a minimum of 33%(thirty three percent) of a work year)But I'm in west coast.

If anyone have any idea / advice abt this pls let me know.

Thanks

Similar Sitiuation

Are you out of the mess?Can you please share info as to how did you dealw ith the whole sitiuation.

Comment

Urgent Reply Needed And Requested

Hi all.

Has any of you been able to resolve this issue? If yes, how? I am in a similar bind right now.

Dev.

Comment

Please take a look at this previous thread

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X