H1b visa stamping in Montreal Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b visa stamping in Montreal Canada

Staying in US for 11 years, have 140 approved and this was my 4th interview and first experience in Canada.
    I had my visa stamping interview on 27 June 12:30 pm and below is my experience.
    • we drove from buffalo to Ajax, Ontario where my cousin stays to Montréal which is around 5 hours further north east
    • stayed in a hotel in Montréal downtown which was 5 minutes walk from consulate
    • arrived 15 minutes before the interview and there was a small queue outside the entry so it’s very easy to find
    • only big bags or bag packs are not allowed, electronics like phones or watches are ok but will be kept at the security check and returned later
    • i had my h4 dependent wife for interview as well and my minor daughter who is an us citizen. Kids are indeed allowed
    • we waited like 20 minutes and later were asked to enter, ds 160 confirmation and passports checked, security checked and asked to go ahead for further documents check
    • the elevator takes you to 19th floor where first you get your passport, I797 and Canada visa checked and fingerprints taken in the next window. After that you wait sitting in a queue which was like another 20 minutes
    • next you move to the room where the actual interview was happening, it has 3 windows
    • Interviewer asked about why I needed the visa and to explain my role. He also verified employer name and my work location which was different from my employer location. Then he asked my wife on her status and my daughter her name and status. He also joked with her as she was a citizen and didn’t need any visa. He asked for marriage certificate and my daughter’s birth certificate. He could also see in his system that my old passport was reported stolen from bls, visa outsourcing in San Francisco and asked general questions regarding that
    • it lasted probably around 10 minutes and he said that to watch our emails for further communication and that our visa was approved, entire process took around 90 minutes

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X