Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!! Need Help !!!! Applied L-1A Before H1B expired & applying for L1-A Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!! Need Help !!!! Applied L-1A Before H1B expired & applying for L1-A Extension

Hi,

I stayed in US for 4 1/2 years and moved to India for 1 year. But I have filed L-1A petition before H-1B expiry date. I went for L-1A visa stamping after my H-1B expiry date. Now my L-1A Visa/Petition/I-94 is getting expired in beginning of May-2010.

My question is when I apply for I-94 extension, will they consider my 1 year out of USA as a H1B cap reset or they will treat it as max of 7 year for L-1A. I am wondered whether I am eligible to apply for extension.. Please help me.. I am running out of time.

Thanks for your help.

Can someone please reply to my post...

Comment

Can someone please clarify the stay for H1B + L1A?

H-1B (expired after 6 yrs) + L-1A (going to expiry in May 10) stay is 6 years or 7 years.

Will the H1B reset if I stay out of country for 1 year before H1B expiry?

Comment

H1B + L1 together is 6 years. If you stay out of the country for 1 whole year, then the H1B clock will reset. However, to get a fresh 6 year term, you will need to file a new H1B which is subjected to CAP.

Originally posted by mr2132 View Post
        Can someone please clarify the stay for H1B + L1A?

H-1B (expired after 6 yrs) + L-1A (going to expiry in May 10) stay is 6 years or 7 years.

Will the H1B reset if I stay out of country for 1 year before H1B expiry?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you very much for your response, I stayed out of country for 1 year before H1B expired.. then applied L1A and came back to US. Will my H1B clock will reset and I can apply for L-1A extension now?

Awaiting for the reponse.

Thank you...

Comment

Are you saying that you stayed out of U.S for 1 year and then applied for L1A and travelled back? If yes, then the clock should have reset.

Originally posted by mr2132 View Post
            Thank you very much for your response, I stayed out of country for 1 year before H1B expired.. then applied L1A and came back to US. Will my H1B clock will reset and I can apply for L-1A extension now?

Awaiting for the reponse.

Thank you...
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X