• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Automatic revalidation process -Experience

Greeting fellow H1B holders.
    Here is my current status.
    • Have a valid unexpired Indian passport
    • Current stamped VISA expired (July 31st, 2019)
    • Current I797 (I94)valid till 05/31/2021
    • Have a valid US DL expiring 05/31/2021
    • Have a valid PR card of Canada
    I am going to travel (land border crossing) to Canada due to support my family for a medical process for 5 days. I have read about the H1B automatic revalidation process and it looks straightforward and looks like I am qualified as stated here https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...WTk4dVk0em0%3D

So, based on the above information, I am seeking experience from fellow travellers who went to Canada for a short visit (not for stamping) without having a current visa stamp. Is it straightforward while returning back? Will the CBP officer asks for anything apart from passport and my work permit approval (i797). Do they need anything else?

Also, I am planning to do the land border (most likely by bus or rental card) crossing to Toronto from Buffalo.

your experience and inputs are most welcome.
    Last edited by singhhundal; 08-10-2019, 04:31 PM.

singhhundal , can you share your experience as to what happened? I am planning to do a similar trip to Mexico. Unfortunately, even the link that you have above that lists the requirements doesn't work anymore, so i am not sure about my eligibility. I have the same status as yours except that i have don't have the Canadian PR.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X