New LCA processing times with DOL for H1b "transfer"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New LCA processing times with DOL for H1b "transfer"

What are the new processing times for processing LCA applied in first/second week of March 2010? The employer is cap-exempt educational institution. premium processing, not sure if that matters for LCA

Currently in California, H1b since 2007, excellent educational qualifications and experience. Two employers so far, both directly sponsor H1b, no consultancy based employment.

10 - 15 days.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Is that duration for both wage determination + approval?

And of course the mandatory 2 week posting period is extra before u can send H1B application.

Comment

DOL generally takes 2 weeks to approve a labor petition, once you have a approved labor your company files for a H1 which can take anywhere between 15 day to 2 months

Comment

mine is change of employer, its ok to work on delivery receipt of h1b application.

They are saying LCA is taking 60 days, its been 45 days and still no response apparently.

I recently moved to another job, less than 6 months ago, the LCA took little more than 5 weeks.

Comment

If your previous status and the current status that you have applied for are the same (example: you were on H1B and then transferred that H1B to a new employer), then you work after receiving the receipt notice. LCA will normally take 2 weeks. If it takes more than that, then there is some issue. Check to see if your employer really applied for an LCA or not.

Originally posted by kkinusa View Post
            mine is change of employer, its ok to work on delivery receipt of h1b application.

They are saying LCA is taking 60 days, its been 45 days and still no response apparently.

I recently moved to another job, less than 6 months ago, the LCA took little more than 5 weeks.

Comment

Yes

Current status: H1B since 2007
              New employer: cap exempt institution

They are saying iCERT system is delaying to a maximum of 60 days for LCA. He is ready to let me start working as soon as they receive the H1B receipt notice.

On immihelp and other boards, I see LCA is generally taking 7-15 business days. I am not sure why its taking so much time with this employer.

Of course they applied for LCA because they offered me a position and want me to start working. If they did not want to file LCA, I am sure they would not offer me the position. And this is a renowned school not some fly by night consultancy. So I am pretty confident they filed for LCA. I can ask him for a case number but I dont want to.

Comment

60 days now, maybe a day or two short
                no response yet

Comment

Shouldn't take this long. Ask your company attorney to check with the respective department.

Comment

sorry, the PWD took 60 days. LCA is expected soon.
                    Last edited by kkinusa; 05-11-2010, 02:14 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X