Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping

Hi All,

I was on F1 Visa when I came to US last year. I got a job and they sponsored my H1B, so I have the I-797 approved. I am planning to go to India in June and need to get my H1B visa stamped from Mumbai. Do I have to go through filling up DS-160 form, Pay visa fees at HDFC, Schedule an interview with Mumbai Consulate, etc? Or is there any other simpler way of getting the Visa stamped, since I already have the approval (I-797) and I've already been working in US for last 4 months?

This post might sound little novice to this forum but I really need some advice. If there is already a thread on this query, I'd appreciate is someone direct me to that.

Thanks in advance.

I had converted my F1 to H1B earlier this year. Is there a way I can revoke my F1, if my H1B is rejected on stamping? If so, do I need a new I-20 from my college?

Please help.

Comment

You need to go through all the steps that you have mentioned below. No pain, no gain.

Originally posted by designIDEA View Post
      Hi All,

I was on F1 Visa when I came to US last year. I got a job and they sponsored my H1B, so I have the I-797 approved. I am planning to go to India in June and need to get my H1B visa stamped from Mumbai. Do I have to go through filling up DS-160 form, Pay visa fees at HDFC, Schedule an interview with Mumbai Consulate, etc? Or is there any other simpler way of getting the Visa stamped, since I already have the approval (I-797) and I've already been working in US for last 4 months?

This post might sound little novice to this forum but I really need some advice. If there is already a thread on this query, I'd appreciate is someone direct me to that.

Thanks in advance.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin. In most cases though, its 'their gain' and 'our pain'

I am just little worried about the stamping scenario now a days. Even if I have a clear and non-stinky case, it depends on the mood of VO to approve or deny the visa. can anyone give me few tips to be denial-proof?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X