Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B -- Urgent Help Required

I am currently working a an Indian company A
    My H1b is applied and we are waiting for the processing result (petition numvber).

I have an offer from another firm.(July joining)
    I have a few questions and your help in this regrads will be greatly appreciated.

By when will I come to know whether My Apllication is accepted or rejected (the numbers are low this year)

If I switch the company before the results ,will my application remain valid??

If my application gets accepted, what will My new employer have to do to keep the claim/application valid?

In case my appplication invalidates due to the switch of job, do i stand a chance to reapply this season itself ?

Is it possible to get the application stamped and then switch ?? If yes what procedure does the new employer have to follow??

Please let me know what documents are needed in each of the above cases

TIA....

By when will I come to know whether My Apllication is accepted or rejected (the numbers are low this year)
    >>> Before October.

>>> Yes (Provided the current employer who applied your H1b does not send a notice to revoke the petition). You cannot use that petition to work for any other employer. The petition that is approved for an employer should be used to work for that employer only. However, you are allowed to transfer the petition.

If my application gets accepted, what will My new employer have to do to keep the claim/application valid?
    >>> Apply for a transfer.

In case my appplication invalidates due to the switch of job, do i stand a chance to reapply this season itself ?
    >>> Yes (provided the H1B quota remains open)

Is it possible to get the application stamped and then switch ?? If yes what procedure does the new employer have to follow??
    >>> Yes. The new employer should file for a transfer.

Check the immihelp "Visas" section for the documents.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your help !!

Few more Questions:
      (Now)
      I will only come to know about my reciept number currently.
      If I quit immediately will that be sufficient for my new employer to file transfer?

I have heard that a H1B (after stamping) is valid only if are with the employer(an indian firm sending onsite)??
      Can I switch the current company to another indian firm who sends onsite afer stamping is complete?

Comment

1. Yes

2. You can work for any US employer on H1B if that employer is willing to hire you and sponsor H1B.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          >>> Before October.

>>> Yes (Provided the current employer who applied your H1b does not send a notice to revoke the petition). You cannot use that petition to work for any other employer. The petition that is approved for an employer should be used to work for that employer only. However, you are allowed to transfer the petition.

>>> Apply for a transfer.

>>> Yes (provided the H1B quota remains open)

>>> Yes. The new employer should file for a transfer.

Check the immihelp "Visas" section for the documents.
          >>>> Hi Shervin143, I could not find anything related to the documents required for transferring a H1B petition, while the petition is still in process. Please help me with this issue.. I'm in the same boat. Thanks in Anticipation.

Comment

Check this
            http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75721

Originally posted by samratisking View Post
            >>>> Hi Shervin143, I could not find anything related to the documents required for transferring a H1B petition, while the petition is still in process. Please help me with this issue.. I'm in the same boat. Thanks in Anticipation.
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X