H4 application docuements-help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 application docuements-help!

I plan to use e-filing of I-539 to change my status from H1 to H4. The following are the documents I prepared. Can anyone help check if anything is missing? Thanks a lot! I really don't want the approval be delayed because of the missing documents.

1. Passports and I-94 for my spouse and I.
    2. I-797 for my spouse and I
    3. Marriage license
    4. My spouse's three latest salary stubs

questions:
    1. Is my photograph need?
    2. I saw form I-129 in I-539 instruction. What is it? Do I need it?

In addition, you will need to send the following. Your photograph is not needed.

1) Your latest pay slips.
    2) I-129 of the primary applicant (this is the initial petition filed by the employer)
    3) A letter from you stating that you will take care of your spouse (Financially) after the H4 COS. (Optional. Good to send)
    4) A letter from your spouse stating that she understands that as per H4 regulations she will not work after the H4 COS. (Optional. Good to send)
    5) Check for $300.
    6) Employment verification letter from the primary applicant's (H1B holder) employer.

Originally posted by xyxyxy View Post
    I plan to use e-filing of I-539 to change my status from H1 to H4. The following are the documents I prepared. Can anyone help check if anything is missing? Thanks a lot! I really don't want the approval be delayed because of the missing documents.

1. Passports and I-94 for my spouse and I.
    2. I-797 for my spouse and I
    3. Marriage license
    4. My spouse's three latest salary stubs

questions:
    1. Is my photograph need?
    2. I saw form I-129 in I-539 instruction. What is it? Do I need it?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

As the initial petition for H1 is processed by the lawyer hired by the company, so do I have to get I-129 from the lawyer? One thing I don't understand it why the original I-129 is needed considering original H1 was already approved?

Comment

Approval notice should be enough. However, there are more details specified in I-129 compared to I-797. If you get a copy of it and take a look, you will understand the difference. I-129 specified the client, work location and many other information.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          Approval notice should be enough. However, there are more details specified in I-129 compared to I-797. If you get a copy of it and take a look, you will understand the difference. I-129 specified the client, work location and many other information.
          Thanks a lot! I guess I will get a copy of I-129.

Comment

I read in the instructions for I-539 that the cheque is not to be send while sending the form.There will be letter sent for going to biometric test and there the cheque is to be submitted.
            please clarify?

What can be expected time in getting the H4 from H1?

In addition, you will need to send the following. Your photograph is not needed.

1) Your latest pay slips.
            2) I-129 of the primary applicant (this is the initial petition filed by the employer)
            3) A letter from you stating that you will take care of your spouse (Financially) after the H4 COS. (Optional. Good to send)
            4) A letter from your spouse stating that she understands that as per H4 regulations she will not work after the H4 COS. (Optional. Good to send)
            5) Check for $300.
            6) Employment verification letter from the primary applicant's (H1B holder) employer.

Comment

The list of documents given below is for COS to H4. COS to H1B need to be filed by the employer and the check for H1B petition need to be paid by the employer.

Processing time is 2-3 months by normal process and 15 days by premium.

Comment

I need to know the doc need for COS to H4 from H1 that is why I asked about the cheque.

The list of documents given below is for COS to H4. COS to H1B need to be filed by the employer and the check for H1B petition need to be paid by the employer.

Processing time is 2-3 months by normal process and 15 days by premium.

Comment

In that case, you need to send the check for $300 along with your documents (listed below) and I-539.

Originally posted by DGirl View Post
                  I need to know the doc need for COS to H4 from H1 that is why I asked about the cheque.

Comment

I read in the instructions attached for I-539 but there is nothing mentioned of sending the cheque with the form. the instructions seem to be very confusing also.

In that case, you need to send the check for $300 along with your documents (listed below) and I-539.

Comment

Read the section "What Is the the Filing Fee?". If you are still confused, then I suggest you file through an immigration attorney. USCIS will not cash your check unless they accept your application.

Originally posted by DGirl View Post
                      I read in the instructions attached for I-539 but there is nothing mentioned of sending the cheque with the form. the instructions seem to be very confusing also.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X