No announcement yet.

Incorrect LCA Code and same mistake in Company's letter filed with H1 Petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect LCA Code and same mistake in Company's letter filed with H1 Petition

My change of employee H1 petition was approved more than 1.5 years ago for a reputed company in US. Mistakenly company's letter filed with petition mentioned incorrect Position and degree. Instead of Mechanical Engineer they mentioned Electrical Engineer. Company's letter also says that LCA is approved for Electrical Engineer position. Today only I checked the LCA and it also has LCA COde 003 (Electrical Engineer). Since I have more than 8 years of IT experience my academic evaluation report considers my degree equivalent to Bachelor of Science Degree with Computer Information Systems and Engineering.
    Please suggest what can be done?
    What is my status?
    Is it going to create any issue?
    I have always maintained the status and no other issues except this. Unfortunately I checked all documents only now as I am planning to visit India for visa stamping.

Experts please reply

Comment

Your LCA need to be corrected before you go for stamping. Otherwise there are more chances that you could end up with a 221g.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
        Can it affect my status?
        I am not sure whether it is really a mistake. Some people suggest that it might be possible that my company mixed my software development experience with degree which is equivalent to US BS and Engineering as mentioned above.
        Any thoughts?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X