Regarding H1B Transfer_Documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding H1B Transfer_Documents

Last year i applied for H1B, it got approved and i have I-797 of it. But I havent gone for stamping yet. Now i am thinking about H1B transfer.
    So, When we apply for a H1B transfer with new company and after its approval then while attending the visa interview do we need to carry the I-797, I-129 or any other documents of first company through which we originally got the H1B along with the I-129 and other documents of the second company which has applied for transfer.So do we need to carry any documents of the first company in visa interview.

Thanks is advance

Not required, but if you have the docs of first company, then keep while interview. Don't know the VO can ask anything. So, better to keep with you if you have.

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice]
    Originally posted by h1b_applier View Post
    Last year i applied for H1B, it got approved and i have I-797 of it. But I havent gone for stamping yet. Now i am thinking about H1B transfer.
    So, When we apply for a H1B transfer with new company and after its approval then while attending the visa interview do we need to carry the I-797, I-129 or any other documents of first company through which we originally got the H1B along with the I-129 and other documents of the second company which has applied for transfer.So do we need to carry any documents of the first company in visa interview.

Thanks is advance

Comment

Sherwin and other experts please reply..

Comment

Uually they don't ask about the documents from the previous company. The documents from the current employer is what matters. However, carrying additional documents will not hard you. It's good to carry all the approval notices from the previous emplyers when you go for stamping.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X