Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT to H1B ( Cap-Gap )

Hello,

My wife was on OPT until April 15th 2010. Her employer submitted her H1B application on April 1st and after this her school extended her Cap Gap OPT until June 1st 2010.

Now since her H1B case is still pending with USCIS, and just a few more days remaining on her extended OPT. I am not sure what we are supposed to do.

When we contacted the school authorities this is what they had to say.

"I only print I-20s generated from the options that come straight from SEVIS. I will say that I do not see your receipt number in SEVIS at all. The others are all listed along with the results. It doesn’t even show that your H1B application has been filed. It may be that your end date is reflective of the fact that your application it has not yet been fully process by USCIS—meaning SEVIS has been notified. You should check with USCIS about this. Unfortunately, I do not have the capability to print your receipt number nor change the date. You should check with USCIS to ensure that everything is in order because perhaps it is not."

We contacted our lawyer, he said it the schools problem and that since we already have H1b receipt , my wife should be fine.

Is there any thing that we could do ?

Hoping for some help.

Thanks,
    Ashwin

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X