Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 and H4 stamping in other country

Hi guys,

I am in US on H1 b and my wife on H4 but i am from india and my wife parrents are in musact(oman) but she is also indian citizen. We going to visit them in muscat oman.I have transferred my H1 B to other company so now if I am going out of US for entering again we need to have Visa Stamped for new employer. My question is can I go for visa Stamping in muscat oman or I have to go for Visa stamping in Delhi India only.

Thanks in Advance

Did you read the FAQ? You don't need to get the visa stamped again just for changing the employer. If your current visa is valid, you can re-enter by showing the valid visa and the transferred H1B petition at the POE.

If this is not your 1st time H1B stamping, then you can get it stamped at any U.S Consulate that accepts visa applications from 3rd nation citizens.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Did you read the FAQ? You don't need to get the visa stamped again just for changing the employer. If your current visa is valid, you can re-enter by showing the valid visa and the transferred H1B petition at the POE.

If this is not your 1st time H1B stamping, then you can get it stamped at any U.S Consulate that accepts visa applications from 3rd nation citizens.

This is not first time stamping and also my old employer visa is valid till Aug 2010.

So as you are saying I would not have any problem if I go to muscat and come back on my old employer visa and show new H1B petition at the POE.

My question is how would I now that my old visa is still valid means my old employer has not cancled my visa.

Thansk in Advance.

Comment

Your employer cannot cancel the visa. They can only cancel the petition. Visa remains valid until it's expiry date (Check your passport). Like mentioned earlier, with a valid visa (even if it is stamped for a different employer) and a valid petition (from the new employer) is enough to re-enter.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X