Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 to H4

Hi,

I did my MS and I am working on my OPT. My H1 was about to be filed and I lost my project so my H1 B visa application was put on hold or not applied by my company as consulting companies cannot apply H1B for anyone who is not on a project.

My F1/OPT is valid til AUgust 10th 2010 and I have to apply for H1B before that but in case things dont fall in place, I wanted to know how does the H4(my husband is on H1) to H1B visa application work? I mean if my F1 expires and I apply for H4, is there any hitch in applying for H1B once I get a job?

Please guide.

No issues. In such case, you need to apply for H4 before your current status (OPT) expires. Later, when you find a project and if the H1B quota remains open, then employer can file your H1B. However, the H1B need to get approved for you to start working. There is a premium process that will get you the result in 15 days.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H4 to H1 is same as F1 to H1, no difference. F1 to H4 COS must be applied before end of OPT + 60 days. Are you not eligible for STEM extension?
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X