Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really need your help: Launching a business while on F1?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really need your help: Launching a business while on F1?!

Hi guys!

I am so glad I found this forum and hopefully you'll be able to provide some advice on my situation...

I graduated with my MBA from a University in California this May (just a few weeks ago). I filed for the OPT which means that I am currently eligible to work in the US - for one year only though.

I am currently working on a business plan that I have been considering for a long time now. SO my question is: can I just get it started now during the OPT year and later file for another visa? If so, which one? Or do I have to file for another one right away?

I am working on an e-business which will not require huge amounts of initial investment and I will start on my own. However, I can project that I will very likely have to employ Americans in the near future.

I am really hoping for your advice!! Thanks SO MUCH in advance!

Hello,

Under Opt, you are not allowed to own or make money from a business. The only way you would be able to own and profit from a business in the U.S. would be to have a greencard.

Comment

You can do any business only as long as you have OPT. However, after that, you can't do that until you file a green card, and apply for EAD again along with I-485, or until you get green card.
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X