Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Visa expiring in 3 months. H4 stamping questions

Hi experts,
    I need your help here. I'm on H1B and my wife (h4) went back to India for our new born. My Visa is expiring in Oct(3 more months, up for extension). We have to get our new kid stamped in India.
    Below are my questions
    1. I haven't changed any employer and haven't applied for any extension till now. I'm waiting for some other job before I could move my family here. Assume if they go for stamping in Sep and I haven't applied for extension. Will the consulate issue Visa for my kid even if my visa validity is expiring in one month?
    2. What If I change my employer (visa transfer) after my kid gets stamped? Do my wife and kid need to get stamped again?
    3. What If I change my employer and my family decides to come in Nov? My wife visa expires in Oct? Would she have to go again for stamping if we decide their move after Nov?

Thanks in advance,
    -Kiran

1. I haven't changed any employer and haven't applied for any extension till now. I'm waiting for some other job before I could move my family here. Assume if they go for stamping in Sep and I haven't applied for extension. Will the consulate issue Visa for my kid even if my visa validity is expiring in one month?
    >>> When is your petition expiring. If your petition is expiring in Oct then they would get the visa only till Oct (~ 1 month).

2. What If I change my employer (visa transfer) after my kid gets stamped? Do my wife and kid need to get stamped again?
    >>> No. Read the FAQ. They can travel as long as their visa remains valid.

3. What If I change my employer and my family decides to come in Nov? My wife visa expires in Oct? Would she have to go again for stamping if we decide their move after Nov?
    >>> How can she travel with an expired visa. Of course she need to go for stamping if her visa expires in Oct and if wants to travel after that.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X