Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my I-94..

Hi all,
    I don't know if this is the right forum topic, but still posting it. Also, this probably was asked so many times already, but looking at the posts I couldn't come to a conclusion. I lost my I-94 card, but have an attested copy of it. I also have a valid I-797 form with an I-94 attached to it. Do I still need to apply for a replacement card? If I want to travel to India, can I submit the copy that I have? Is it valid? Or is it mandatory that I need to get a replacement of the I-94 card?

Can someone help please. Thanks very much.
    Last edited by priya11; 07-14-2010, 12:47 AM. Reason: typo

Which one was your latest I-94? The one that came with the approval notice or the one attached to the passport? If you have followed all the procedure correctly, then you will have multiple I-94's only if the EOS was filed after you entered U.S. In which case, the I-94 that you got at the POE and the I-94 that you received with the approval notice will have the same number. So you don't have to worry much about the lost one.

However, it is advisable to have all the I-94's with you and return them when you leave the country.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. The I-94 that came with the approval notice was the latest one as my last visit to India was about 4.5 yrs ago .. and I had my H1 renewed in between. So I think I am ok as I have that card and the copy of the original card too. Meanwhile I sent an e-mail to my attorney and he too says that the copy of I-94 will do. I think I'm safe...

Thanks again.

Comment

The new I-94 with the approval notice is your I-94 now for all purposes. Although it is not good to lose it, you should be fine.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X