Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping 7 months after approval

Hi,

I am currently based out of India.I got H1B petition approved in the month of January from my company.Due to some budgeting issues,my employer didnt send me for stamping.But now some new opportunities have arrived.
    (I have never been to US before).Kindly help in answering below questions:

1.If the consulate officer asks me as to why didnt I get my visa stamped for so long..what should be an appropriate answer in this case??

2.I am getting released from my current project and getting a US opportunity from other project.So in this case when I will go for stamping the project and the client would be different from the one that were given during petition filing.
    Will this create any problem??ANd if this question is asked to me what should be answer to defend?

3.In my LCA,the work city is mentioned as San Jose but I will be going to some other place.What can be the issues in this??

4.Since the new project will be at different location from the one mentioned in the petition,will this create problems at the port of landing??

Looking forward for a reply soon.
    Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Rythm

am currently based out of India.I got H1B petition approved in the month of January from my company.Due to some budgeting issues,my employer didnt send me for stamping.But now some new opportunities have arrived.
    (I have never been to US before).Kindly help in answering below questions:

1.If the consulate officer asks me as to why didnt I get my visa stamped for so long..what should be an appropriate answer in this case??

---- That you were waiting for a confirmed project/placement by the employer

2.I am getting released from my current project and getting a US opportunity from other project.So in this case when I will go for stamping the project and the client would be different from the one that were given during petition filing.

---- It does not mattet for which project you are going to the US. It is upto you to justify that you can undertake the project and your employer is sponsoring you for that

Will this create any problem??ANd if this question is asked to me what should be answer to defend?

---- As above, justify

3.In my LCA,the work city is mentioned as San Jose but I will be going to some other place.What can be the issues in this??

---- Uou may reside anywhere in the US as long as your work place is clearly defined and you are going to work for that company and city

4.Since the new project will be at different location from the one mentioned in the petition,will this create problems at the port of landing??

---- As above

Subramanya[/B]

Comment

Hi Subramanya,

Thanks for answering my questions.But I still have doubt regarding project/client details and work city as mentioned in my LCA.

During interview they will ask me my project/client details so I will mention the one which was given during my petition filing (a manager letter was given stating the client details (client A)) or the one for which I would actually be going (client B)?

Someone from my company suggested to state the old project details only (client A) but I fear hiding the truth.Also project/client details are going to be one of the docs during stamping so I cant speak about client A.

Precisely,I want to know whether I can straightaway tell them that I am going to work for client B or client A??

If its ok to mention the truth that I am going for client B , then what should be the justification for this??

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for answering my questions.But I still have doubt regarding project/client details and work city as mentioned in my LCA.

During interview they will ask me my project/client details so I will mention the one which was given during my petition filing (a manager letter was given stating the client details (client A)) or the one for which I would actually be going (client B)?

Someone from my company suggested to state the old project details only (client A) but I fear hiding the truth.Also project/client details are going to be one of the docs during stamping so I cant speak about client A.

Precisely,I want to know whether I can straightaway tell them that I am going to work for client B or client A??

If its ok to mention the truth that I am going for client B , then what should be the justification for this??

---- If you want to confuse yourself, nobody can help. If you are working for 2 clients say so and submit appropriate evidence. If it is only one client decide which client you are working for and submit the evidence.

---- The facts, truth and everything is only with you and no one else. How you present yourself is upto you

Subramanya

Comment

Hi OP,

Here is my view:

(a) You should have the Client Invitation Letter/Client Letter/Project details document for which you are going i.e. Client B as VO may ask them
          (b) Company letter from your Manager etc. that you are going to work for this client/your position etc etc.....
          (c) Your LCa should be the updated one for the current city project as Wage mentioned in LCA changes from city to City.

and other documents required for H1 as per the check list...

You need to tell the truth because if your H1 goes under administrative processing which means they are checking something ..which could be anything related to you , your employer , your client....etc etc.

Thanks and Regards,
          Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X