H1b transfer visa stamping query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b transfer visa stamping query

If one has h1b from employer X , then within US that person changed employer Y, (this is after getting 2nd h1b extension & during work period of 2nd h1b extension) then:

1. Do they need to get new h1b visa stamp from employer Y ?

2. If so then in how much time they need to get new h1b stamp from employer Y ? (Is there any one year rule that without one year of getting h1b transfer they need to get it stamped)

3. Can they live in us with new i797a till new i797a expired working for new employer without leaving usa ?
    Last edited by querySolver; 01-16-2021, 06:59 PM.

Hi,
    Please see my response below.
    1. Do they need to get new h1b visa stamp from employer Y ?
    Answer: Not required unless you have any travel plan to your home country or any other.
    2. If so then in how much time they need to get new h1b stamp from employer Y ? (Is there any one year rule that without one year of getting h1b transfer they need to get it stamped)
    Answer: There is no such rule, if you are in the USA. If you have valid H1B Approval along with I-94 Validity, you are in safer side.
    3. Can they live in us with new i797a till new i797a expired working for new employer without leaving usa ?
    Answer: I don't understand. What you mean by expired new I-797A. As I stated in above Answer, If you have H1B and I-94 validity, you are good to stay in the USA.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X