Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Change for H4 Visa holder

All,
    My wife is on H4 Visa and she wants to change her first and last name.

Should we apply for the name change in the US court? I could not find any information for name change process for non-immigrants in US without a SSN.

The newspaper companies(Indian and US) are asking for a letter from the embassy or court to place an ad. Were any of you successful in getting such a letter from the Embassy?

Also, does anyone have a format of the ad that needs to be placed on the newspapers? The last thing I want is for the embassy to reject the ad.

Thanks
    Nav

hi,
    I would really appreciate if someone could respond with any input on this topic.

Thanks

Comment

1. Why? Did Indian embassy website say so?
      3. Ask newspapers for format while placing ad. Or check some samples on the Net.

Comment

1. Hi, Yes the Indian Embassy website says that an Ad needs to be placed in an Indian Daily and an US(Local) Daily.
        2. The Newspaper companies do have a format for name change ads, but I was wondering if the Indian Embassy had any particular format which we need to follow. It would be unfortunate if the Embassy rejected the application stating that the wordings of the ad is incomplete.

Thanks.

Comment

1. Yes, they mentioned about paper ad in US. Not name change in US court, which you asked about.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X