Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B stamping in India (Canadian Resident)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping in India (Canadian Resident)

Hi, I am an Indian citizen studying on a student-visa in Canada. I've got a job in the US and my H1B has already been approved. I only need to get my H1B stamping done. However, I am not able to find an appointment in Canada and I leave Canada for India at the end of this month.

Now, I am planning to get the stamping done in Delhi. Does the community here foresee any problem/caveats I should know about? e.g. The first point at VFS's site for the non-immigrant visa at https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/USIndia/Index.html says:
    - Determine your consular district
    But, it is only based on two choices - whether one is residing in India since the past 6 months or in the US. Is this a problem as I have been residing in Canada?

Hi, I am an Indian citizen studying on a student-visa in Canada. I've got a job in the US and my H1B has already been approved. I only need to get my H1B stamping done. However, I am not able to find an appointment in Canada and I leave Canada for India at the end of this month.

Now, I am planning to get the stamping done in Delhi. Does the community here foresee any problem/caveats I should know about? e.g. The first point at VFS's site for the non-immigrant visa at https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/USIndia/Index.html says:
    - Determine your consular district

---- No

But, it is only based on two choices - whether one is residing in India since the past 6 months or in the US. Is this a problem as I have been residing in Canada?

---- If you are residing outside India as an Indian citizen, you should be able to book your visa appointment at any of the US Consulates in India and there should be issues

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X