H-1b Visa Stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1b Visa Stamping

I need some information on H-1B visa stamping. I'm planning to visit my home country this year and need to get my H-1B visa stamping as well.

I'm reaching out because I was arrested for 'simple battery' in Feb 2009 (it was a matter of sheer bad luck) and my case was dismissed in Sep 2009 for 'order for want of prosecution'. I understand that in the H-1B visa stamping application form, when asked "If I was arrested" - I've to answer 'YES'. I also wanted to know will this be a problem for getting the visa stamped? What kind of other documentation I need to carry with me to show the Visa Officer that I was not convicted or guilty of any charges and to ensure successful H-1B visa stamping?

It will be great if you can share your thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone please advise?

Thanks.

Comment

I need some information on H-1B visa stamping. I'm planning to visit my home country this year and need to get my H-1B visa stamping as well.

I'm reaching out because I was arrested for 'simple battery' in Feb 2009 (it was a matter of sheer bad luck) and my case was dismissed in Sep 2009 for 'order for want of prosecution'. I understand that in the H-1B visa stamping application form, when asked "If I was arrested" - I've to answer 'YES'. I also wanted to know will this be a problem for getting the visa stamped? What kind of other documentation I need to carry with me to show the Visa Officer that I was not convicted or guilty of any charges and to ensure successful H-1B visa stamping?

---- What do you mean by simple battery? Was it theft, violence or some othr form of a demanour

----- For a visa interview thhere is no need to carry any documentation excepting all the records.

---- If the case is dismissed, it will still be on your records for a certain length of time depending on the state where the offence is committed

Subramanya

Comment

---- What do you mean by simple battery? Was it theft, violence or some othr form of a demanour:

It was a misdemeanor related to simple battery and family violence but the case was dismissed. What are the things to keep in mind while going for a stamping?

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X