H1b visa with 2 employers at same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b visa with 2 employers at same time

Hi, I lost my job during COVID in the USA and got back to India. I got 2 new offers and both the employers filed for my h1b visa and it was approved. as I am in India right now I need to get stamping. I got my visa interview done with one company offer letter, but I got 221g requesting to provide NAM or US Chamber of Commerce membership from the employer to approve the visa and they took my passport to approve it as soon as I submit the requested document. My employer was not a member of those groups and told me to hold on for a while. Meanwhile, my second employer asked me to start work from home here in India. So I started working for my second employer now. I filled out I-9 for my second employer and payroll is about to start. I was planning to withdraw my visa application with my first employer and get my passport back. But suddenly I got an email from my first employer saying they applied for US Chamber of commerce membership and waiting for approval. Is it safe for me to wait while still working for the second employer and get the stamping done with the first employer? Please suggest.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X