H4 biometric stuck in US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 biometric stuck in US

Currently I and my dependent staying in US. My H1 and H4 extension got filed July 2020. I got it approved but dependent is still waiting for bio-metric appointment.
    Now we want to travel to India for a few days and return. Our visa is expired but still eligible for drop box until Aug 2021.

1. Can dependent go ahead for Drop box facility and get stamped in India?is biometric done in US a mandatory?
    Or
    2. If that's not possible what are the options i have(like can i get biometric done in India instead of US or can dependent get stamped based on primary applicant-H1)

Meanwhile I tried reaching USCIS to expedite for biometric appointment. I got a response like
    "We have requested that you be scheduled for a biometrics appointment. You will receive an appointment notice as soon as there is an available date and time at your local Application Support Center (ASC). Due to backlogs at some sites it may take more than 90 days for this appointment to be scheduled. "

I can't wait 90 or more days now. Please let me know if anyone is in the same situation and know any answers.

Most of my friends saying H4 stamping can be done based on H1 I-797. Not sure on this.

i am in a similar situation. wondering if you got any guidance around this?

Comment

One my friend's family had same situation. His family simply left the country (without waiting for Biometrics in USA) and used drop-box facility at a US Consulate in India, got H4 approved as well as stamped.

Your I-539 form will get rejected for not giving Biometrics but that's okay as the stamping itself is over at the consulate.

Comment

Hi,
        Yes. Instead of waiting for H4 petition status, you can go ahead get visa stamped at consulate. Since you are eligible for Drop box, you can utilize the same for H1B along with H4 stamping..
        Bio-Metrics can be done at consulate itself..
        But Please make sure, once you get visa stamped on H4, you will have to send withdrawal notice to USCIS to withdraw H4 petition that you filed.
        Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X